LUBBOCK, Texas (PRESS RELEASE) — Redeemer Lutheran Church in Lubbock will offer Lenten services in addition to regular Sunday services for the season of Lent, 2023. The congregation of Redeemer, at 2221 Avenue W, also invites the public, especially the Heart of Lubbock Neighborhood, to join us for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
The following are special Lenten services:
- Ash Wednesday, February 22, 7:00 p.m. service with Holy Communion. The imposition of ashes will be at the beginning of the service.
- Wednesday, March 1, 7:00 p.m. evening prayer service “Isaiah 53:1-3”
- Wednesday, March 8, 7:00 p.m. evening prayer service “Isaiah 53:4-6”
- Wednesday, March 15, 7:00 p.m. evening prayer service “Isaiah 53:7-9”
- Wednesday, March 22, 7:00 p.m. evening prayer service “Isaiah 53:10-11”
- Wednesday, March 29, 7:00 p.m. evening prayer service “Isaiah 53:12”
- Maundy Thursday, April 6, 7:00 p.m. with Holy Communion
- Good Friday, April 7, 7:00 pm Tenebrae (We leave in silence.)
For Resurrection Sunday, April 9, we invite the community to join us from 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. for breakfast. Then, at 8:50 a.m. we’ll have a treasure hunt (Bible verses and candy) for the kids, and at 9:10 a.m. a children’s story. Easter services will begin at 9:30 a.m. with Holy Communion.
After services, everyone is encouraged to stay for Bible study. We’ll offer Sunday school activities for the children. Before and after services, there will be a place to write down prayer requests in the parish hall.
Visitors are encouraged to use the entrance on the east side of the church. Be sure to check out our website http://rlcms.org/ for more information about our beliefs. Redeemer is a congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS).
Any confirmed LCMS member in good standing is welcome to receive the Lord’s Body and Blood in Holy Communion. We encourage all other visitors to come to the rail for a blessing with arms crossed over their hearts.