In 1932, Redeemer became the first congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in Lubbock. The original location was 19th Street and Avenue R. The cornerstone for the current location, 22nd Street and Avenue W was laid on June 12, 1949.
Redeemer was named as a historic landmark by the City of Lubbock in 2010. Take a look at the photos, including the stained glass windows, to see why. (Click on an image to enlarge.)